Friday, October 28, 2016

Watercolor Thank You Card

Hi there!
Samantha here and today I'm sharing a fall themed thank you card using one of my favorite stamp sets! 





     

Those leaves are SO MUCH FUN to watercolor! I just couldn't resist stamping a bunch out and having fun with autumn colors!


So, let's start making this card, shall we?

- on a piece of watercolor paper, stamp the leaves
- watercolor with your preferred watercolors! I used Distress Markers for mine, but there are so many other watercolor choices out there, too!  
- set aside to dry
- on the card front, use the stencil and some white embossing paste to create a subtle textured background
- once the leaves are dry, fussy cut out and arrange on your card front!


- the sentiment was heat embossed onto some black cardstock and then popped up with foam tape! 
- I finished off the card with a torn strip of some gold vellum paper! I love the look of gold with the warm autumnal colors! 


Depending on your color choices, it doesn't have to be a 'fall' themed card at all! If you chose to use bright, happy colors, it would be perfect year round! 


I used the adorable Time to Say Thanks stamp set along with the Diamonds Stencil!

    

Did you check out the new release for October?! It's so adorable and FUN! You can see the whole release here! :) Enjoy!


~Samantha
   
  

No comments:

Post a Comment