Sunday, July 17, 2016

Lovely Tags Part 1

Hi everyone! Today, I'm sharing with you a card using a couple of the new goodies. For the next couple of Sundays, I'll share different looks using the new Lovely Tags Dies. Let's jump in!


From the moment I saw those little tags, I wanted to try and add strings to them and the boat seems to be a cute way to have the tags hanging off it like an "anchor". 

Initially, I wanted the whole background to portray the sea and sky but after colouring the boat, I felt that the boat might get lost in the background. Adding a white base with a little window (heart die) seemed to help. You can use any smaller die. You can cut out a square window, circle, or anything your heart desire ;) 

I die cut the tags first and before colouring them. The boat and the tags were coloured using Distress Inks. The colouring is pretty simple, and I just added some dark shades to some parts. 

To attach the strings, I first tie it to the tags and then stick the strings to the back of the boat using a 3D sticker. This helps to keep the strings in place and also a little dimension to the board. 

For the tags, I added some 3D sticker to the tags with the word "Thanks" and the rest and stuck down flat on the card base. 


All Create A Smile products : 

All Non-Create A Smile products : 
Distress Inks



Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)

Thanks for stopping by,





1 comment: