Thursday, March 24, 2016

Birthday Happy

Hello crafters!! Angel here for the first time as a Design Team member. I was asked by Christine a few months back to be a part of her team but due to a death in my family I've been unable to create. I am so happy to be here and I am so thankful that Christine has allowed me the time needed to get back to doing what I love!!


I used the new Crokisses and Happy Days stamp sets. Both of these sets are amazing and can be used for so many different reasons! I can see them being a go-to set! 



I started with a piece of watercolor paper. The sentiment and flowers were stamped using Versafine black onyx ink and then sprinkled with clear embossing powder. I used by Kuretake Gansai Tambi water colors to color in the flowers and the happy sentiment. I used my paintbrush to make splotches around the images for more added color. I found a striped black and white piece of paper and a silver glitter paper in my stash to add to the left side of my card. To finish it off, I adhered a few different sizes of sparkling clear sequins to the card because I love sequins and I think they are needed on every card. 



One layer cards are hard but they really can make pretty cards. Try stepping back from all the layers and embellishments and just create what ever your heart desires. 

Thanks so much for stopping by! I'm glad to be back and can't wait to continue creating! 

Angel




4 comments:

  1. love your card design - good to have you back

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this card a lot! Its simple and doesn't use die cuts (yeah for those of us who don't have a die cutter! LOL) but it's not simple. I don't have those flower stamps but I know I have some small flower stamps that I can use. I have everything else. I want to try to make one just like this. When I do it, I will try to post it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angel, so happy to see you creating again...AWESOME card.

    ReplyDelete