Sunday, March 22, 2015

Monochrome Background

Hi everyone! I love the new Big Time set with all the awesome cute monsters. You know how I love creating background right? Well, that's what this post is all about.




I wanted to share that you don't need stress over colours if you don't want to. Monochrome background works as well! I actually find it a bit more challenging this way but I had fun :) 


I started by stamping the monsters on watercolour paper (just because I choose to watercolour, you can use any paper you prefer) using the Ranger Archival Ink as it's waterproof. I had no plan when I stamped this creature. I just went with it and stamped it in different positions everytime.


I used the Black Soot Distress Ink pad to paint this. I'm not very good at this as it's my first time tackling a monochrome colouring but it was fun :) I tried to have some dark areas and pulling the colours to make them grey.


To finish off, I took a bright colour as the center and stamped my sentiment on a vellum paper :) 





For someone like me who doesn't own any sewing machine, embellishments like enamel dots are very important to me because it covers the areas where I can put dabs of liquid glue to adhere my vellum ;) 


Follow Create A Smile on Facebook keep yourself updates on all the happenings and if you're an Instagram addict like I am, you can follow Create A Smile using this name : @createasmilestamps ! :)

Thanks for stopping by,


Marina

2 comments: