Monday, November 3, 2014

Joy & peace.......

Can you believe another week has passed it seems like yesterday that I made a post for this blog........
And not only a new week but also a new month. So there will be another new release coming soon.

Well enough for now and over to the card for this monday.



To create this card I was looking through my stencils and wanted to use the ornamentstencil and some of the lovely critters. Since my favorite critters are penguins I decided to use them again. I wanted to make it look as if they were caught into the ornaments. To achieve this I had to do lots of masking.


* I started by making a background for my panel by using the merry Christmas stencil and tumbled glass distress ink.
* I didn't know exactly how I wanted to make my panel so I started with placing the ornamentstencil  and figured out where my penguin should be and more important where I wanted to have the santa hat. I stamped the santa hat first then masked it of and stamped the penguin with versamark watermark ink. Heat embossed it with white embossingpowder and masked it of. Now I placed the stencil and stamped the area with the versamark watermark ink. Removed the mask and heat embossed the ornament with sticky embossingpowder. used some distress glitter from ranger on the sticky embossingpowder tabbed of the excess and heat embossed again.
* For the other two ornaments I repeated the whole process.
* After all the heat embossing and masking I colored the penguins with copic markers.
* Now I decided to make a banner out of my panel and fuzzy cut around the two ornaments at the side.
* To finish it of I gently colored the background with tumbled glass ink carefully avoiding to color the images.
* Stamped some of the bubbles from the Cool Buddies set and finally used the sentiment from your view.
* I put a little hole in the paper where the hooks from the ornaments were and put a silver thread through the hole. Finished it of with a bow and did some doodling with a black marker along the banner.
* Placed my banner onto the card with some foam tape to give it more dimension.


* For the masking you can either use masking paper or just plain paper and non permanent tape or glue.
* When you use the sticky embossingpowder you have to preheat your heatgun and heat emboss quickly to get the best sticky result.
* When you use the glitter heat emboss the back of your paper in the beginning otherwise some glitter will go all the way and on places where you don't want to have it.
* When you are like me you are either to lazy to use a sewing machine or you simple can't sew so a good alternative will be a marker to do some faux stitching.





* Stamps:
   




* Stencils:
 



* Inkt; distress ink- tumbled glass, versamark -watermark ink, memento-tuxedo black.
* Coloring; copics- 0, C1, C3, C5, C7, Y11, Y13, Y15, YR 15, YR16, R35, R37 en R39.
* Embossing powder; sticky embossing powder ranger, white embossing powder hero arts, tumbled glass distress glitter ranger.
* Others; fineliner-black, silver thread.



Next week there will be another countdown to the new release of November so make sure to join us.

Have a great week and see you next week, Anja

No comments:

Post a Comment