Sunday, August 31, 2014

Stencil Sunday #1 + Happy Birthday Kelly!

Happy sunday everyone!

Before we start the "actual post" I'd love to give a BIIIG shout out to our Birthdaygirl Kelly!


Kelly, I hope you have a BLAST and enjoy your day! I am so happy to have you on this team! :) Happy happy birthday!


As I promised last week there's a new video series starting TODAY!:


And know what? Create A Smile has an own youtube channel now! :) We'd love for you to subscribe, so you don't miss any of our videos. :)

Today's video is about a comparison of acetate and mylar - two materials that I use to create stencils. Maybe you use something different to create stencils - please let me know so I can try out. So far I am happy with both materials. Acetate is easy to cut in your Silhouette (I'll have a video about that in this series) and Mylar is easy to cut with dies (and probably by hand - I'll give that a try, too!).




This is the card that I created with the stencil that I made in the video using Comfy. It's pretty simple, but that background reminded me of a bathroom. (Fun fact: I don't even like to bath. not.at.all. But I know others do, hehe)



I hope this little comparison /tutorial was helpful. Let me know what you think about it.

Hugs






6 comments:

  1. Kelly congrats and have a nice day. Love the new youtube channel and your card and video is amazing Christine. I love it and those stencils are perfect wish I had a silhouette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't need a Silhouette for this one ;) And I know you'll have some new stencils, soon ;)

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much! I love being on this team ♡ Your card is fabulous as always! I love the ombre stenciling :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Kelly, congrats from me, too.
    @Christine: Danke für den tollen Materialvergleich! Ich habe bisher immer Mylar-Folie benutzt und sie auch schon mit Stanzschablonen verwendet, hätte aber nie gedacht, dass sich klassische Transparentfolie so stark wellt. Dank dir muss ich den Versuch jetzt gar nicht mehr machen. Kleiner Tipp: Wenn ich Mylar-Folie mit der Silhouette schneide fahre ich immer ein paar mal ganz fest mit der Faust über die auf die Matte aufgebrachte Folie, damit sie überall gut festsitzt. Beim ersten Versuch hat sie sich bei mir auch an diversen Stellen abgelöst und verzogen. Seither klappts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke! Ich hatte auch schon überlegt mit einer Linoldruckwalkze drüber zu gehen ;) Ich geb's auf jeden fall nicht auf! Denn das Material schein wirklich weniger widerborstig zu sein als die Mobilefolie. :)

      Delete
  4. Happy Belated Kelly!
    What an awesome card Christine...love the scenery you designed!

    ReplyDelete